This house had been fully stripped out by the previous owners (back to brickwork) ready for development and so was in need of complete refurbishment and modernisation. The previously planned project did not go ahead, and the incumbent architect was not willing to take the new scheme forward with the new owner. Run Projects therefore introduced a new architect for the project and oversaw the new designs and tender process to a number of suitable contractors. The house is located in a highly prestigious conservation area, bringing with it the challenge of onerous planning restrictions.
With the original accommodation only set over the ground and first floor, the brief was to convert the loft space to create two additional bedrooms and a bathroom. The first floor was to be fully reconfigured to create a luxurious master suite, spacious spare bedroom, study and large family bathroom. The ground floor was to be generously extended to create a stunning open-plan kitchen, dining room and living space, with a separate cosy front reception room, functional utility room and funky cloakroom. The front and rear gardens were landscaped and a timber garden room constructed to function as a gym and workshop.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Run Projects were fully involved in this project from the outset through to the completion of the works. In addition to our standard project management services, the key management highlights on this project were:
- Pre-contract Project Management services:
- Introducing a new design team to take over the project, overseeing a hybrid design scheme to save our client both time and professional fees during the pre-contract phase
- Deliver and manage a competitive tender to suitable and available contractors within a restricted time period to enable the works to hit a challenging client-led timeline
- On-site Project Management services:
- Managing difficult and unreasonable neighbours throughout the build, responding to and managing perceived issues on behalf of our client
- Ensuring that all client supplied items were procured through the main contractor to leverage the reduced 5% VAT level, saving the client considerable sums across the project
- Helping the client to achieve a truly bespoke lighting solution across the rooflight and over the dining table, and bespoke funky TV and media joinery unit
“I couldn’t have done my renovation project without Andy, of Run Projects. Or maybe I could, but it would have been more stressful, taken longer and cost more. He is rare combination of calm, organised and efficient, with great attention to detail. He went beyond expected scope a number of times and I valued his opinion when I was suffering decision fatigue. I have no hesitation in recommending him and would definitely use him again myself. ” (Nicki)
If you’d like to discuss your building or renovation project please do not hesitate to contact Run Projects: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 384 1160